Vision of the Department:
The Department of English Language and Literature, seeks to be a leading department ranked among the best English departments nationally and internationally.
To realize this vision, the department seeks to adopt high academic standards of teaching and research to develop an academic environment that would
To this end, the idea of creating partnership with the local community for the sake of mutual benefit has been given serious consideration.
Mission of the Department:
To provide unique learning opportunities, gain valuable insight into careers, foster intellectual growth, individual expression and character development, and to instill a sense of confidence among students to heighten their proficiency in the language. The mission of the English Department goes further to advance scholarship, promote creative learning and teach through a variety of sources.
Objectives of the Department:
The programme prepares students to:
- Responding to the local job market needs by providing graduates able to use English skillfully.
- Promoting creative thinking through teaching literary courses and translation.
- Developing students' English communication skills through ample training in listening, speaking, reading and writing in real everyday life situations.
- Developing teaching staff members' abilities in research, fact finding and use of modern educational technologies.
- Establishing links with the local community to promote a kind of partnership useful for both sides.
- Developing and updating teaching curricula.
- Inviting distinguished teaching staff members to work at the Department.
- Academic Integrity
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Transparency and accountability
- Adherence to Islamic values
- Respect for diversity
- Supervise the academic activity in the department.
- Chairing the periodic meetings of the department council.
- Supervise the development of study plans and the preparation of scientific material.
- Supervise the regularity of work in the department and follow up the performance of lecturers and technicians and make sure that they are prepared for the appropriate educational material in the theoretical and practical aspects in accordance with the approved study plans.
- Supervising the internal examinations in the department and approving and issuing the results.
- Supervise the academic guidance of the students and ensure that they receive guidance and advice and adhere to the instructions in force with regard to attendance.
- Identify the problems and obstacles that accompany the application of the curriculum and propose ways and methods to address them.
- Determine the needs of the department of human cadres, equipment and equipment.
- Prepare reports to evaluate the performance of faculty members in the department and submit them to the dean.
- Perform any related work assigned by the Dean.
- Recommend the appointment of faculty members, and propose their promotion and promotion.
- Recommend the creation of new specializations or programs of study in the department.
- Approving the scientific research plan of the department.
- Evaluation of staff (teachers and administrators) on a continuous basis in the areas of training, research and development.
- Distribute the quorum of teaching staff in a fair, productive and flexible manner.
- Propose the budget of the department and determine its needs.
- Sign the official correspondence issued by the department.